Guild Invitation & Activities
We welcome any woman, 18 years of age or over, to become a member. Any wife of a parishioner, regardless of faith, may also become a member. Dues are $10 a year. If you would like to become a member, feel free to email us at [email protected] or contact our Membership Committee Chairperson, Marianne Mueller, at (508) 992-7173.
We have eight General Meetings a year. The Publicity Chair posts information about meetings in the Church Bulletin and you can also check St. Julie’s web site. Most of our meetings are at 7:00 in the Church Hall.
Please click here to find out more about our First Meeting of the Year.
Why You Should Join:
- You will enjoy the company of other women and make new friends.
- You will be able to offer your own talents and ideas in an effort to enhance our organization.
- You will enjoy the meetings, which offer various entertaining, enriching and informative programs every month, including speakers, activities, and homemade refreshments.
- You will feel part of our church community in helping to promote various activities and fundraisers for our Parish.
- You will love, laugh, share and pray together with other women, enriching your life and the lives of others.
Just Some Of The Many Things We Do…
In the Community:
- Each year we donate $500 to Catholic Charities.
- We provide birthday celebrations and extra treats for the residents of a small assisted living residence in Dartmouth. At Christmas, Guild members provide two special gifts and a Christmas party for the clients. Our Nursing Home Chair and her committee provide this service.
- We provide Christmas items for a Needy Family in our community.
- At each of our General Meetings, members donate a canned good to St. Vincent De Paul Society’s on going food drive.
In our Church:
- In the last three years (2014-2016) we have donated $27,000 to our parish to assist in expenses.
- In the last three years (2014-2016) we have given a total of $8,900 in scholarships to thirteen graduating seniors from St. Julie’s parish.
- We pay the $100 dues needed to sponsor a delegate from St. Julie’s to the Diocesan Council of Catholic Women.
- Our Sunshine Committee reaches out to all parishioners who are unwell or who are mourning the loss of a loved one. This usually takes the form of sending a card.
- We offer the ladies of our parish the opportunity to gather together to meet new parishioners and reacquaint with old friends.
- At the October Meeting, each paid member of the guild receives a Membership Booklet that lists our members and their contact information, a Calendar of Events and the By-laws of the Guild.
- Each member receives a phone call from the Telephone Committee with a reminder of the next General Meeting.
- The Program Chair and her committee organize interesting programs to entertain and enlighten our members at the General Meetings.
- The Hospitality Chair and her hostesses provide refreshments and a pleasant atmosphere for our General Meetings.
- Our Sunshine Committee reaches out to members who have fallen ill by sending a card and a Bud Vase. For members who have lost a loved one a Mass is said in memory of the deceased family member.
- Our Bereavement Committee attends the funeral of a Guild member and of a member’s close family.
As you can see, the Ladies Guild has many goals. The Ways and Means Chair and her committee organize a number of fundraisers to support our goals. Our average is six to eight activities a year. We try to have at least two fundraisers that support social activity among our parishioners. In the fall we offer a church supper such as a Chicken BBQ or Italian Night. In the spring we offer a Lobster Roll and Chowder Dinner. The Ways and Means Committee has raised over $36,000 in the last three years.