The St. Julie’s Ladies Guild has been organized for 51 years, since the foundation of our parish, and follows a set of by-laws and elect officers annually. The mission of the guild is to promote spiritual growth; to provide social activity; to participate in charitable endeavors; to assist in Parish activities and to encourage community spirit.
Who can join?
• Any Catholic woman at least 18 years old, or the wife of a parishioner regardless of faith
What is the time commitment?
• Monthly meetings, usually the first Wednesday of each month from September through December and February through May.
• Meetings feature guest speakers or other social or spiritual activities
• Depending on the member’s availability and particular interests, there are opportunities to participate in a variety of different committees and/or events. Officers and committee chairpersons provide administrative support.
What do we do as an organization?
• Build community by supporting members and parishioners (when requested) during illness or mourning the loss of a loved one
• Generate funds in support of scholarships, Catholic Charities, St. Julie’s Parish general fund and other charities as approved by the Executive Board
• Fund raising activities are designed to not only raise funds but also in support of parishioners/community needs and to provide opportunities for fellowship
• Begin and end every meeting in prayer, start and conclude each Guild year with a Mass celebrated by our Pastor, and provide Lenten reflection during the March meeting
• Support other community needs such as:
o Christmas gifts for a need family and residents at a local nursing home
o Celebrating birthdays and holidays with residents of a local nursing home
o Provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors who are parishioners of St. Julies
o Annual winter apparel drive for Sister Rose and Grace House
o St. Vincent De Paul food drive
Our Executive Officers: 2022 – 2023
Elaine Meredith (President ), Sue Andrew (Vice- President), Judy Robinson (Corresponding Secretary), Cathleen Moran (Recording Secretary), Anne Cabral Treasurer, and Marianne Mueller , (Past President).